Pittsburgh Controls & Consulting, a Pittsburgh-based Building Automation Systems provider & consulting engineering firm with 20+ employees, is currently seeking a skilled Building Automation Systems Applications Engineer to join our Engineering Department. Typical project types including central plants, data centers, laboratories, hospitals, K-12, higher education and commercial office building projects.
This position will be responsible for:
- Assist the Sales department in writing project specs and defining project scope of work.
- Performing site surveys to gather project specific information that will be utilized during a retrofit design.
- Create in house control drawing based on project plans and specs.
- Selecting control instrumentation in accordance with project plans and specs.
- Sizing control valves, damper actuators, water flow meters, etc.
- Designing small to large scale networks in accordance with Bacnet standards.
- Work with other in house concentrations (software engineering, field operations, etc.) to collaboratively drive each project to completion.
- Coordinating with Mechanical/Electrical contractors and equipment reps during the design phase.
- Assist in developing and maintaining engineering standards.
- Managing concurrent projects to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide onsite support when requested.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues and providing solutions.
- Preparing as-built documents and O&M documents upon completion of a project.
Qualified individuals will have the following experience:
- Prior building automation system hardware engineering experience is required.
- Prior building automation system software engineering experience is a plus.
- Prior Reliable Controls experience or Niagara AX & N4 experience is a plus.
- 3 year minimum is preferred.
- Prior field work experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package including a health insurance plan, 401(k) and paid vacations and holidays. This is a full-time, direct hire position.
Please respond with a copy of your resume and professional references for immediate consideration. Please do not contact via phone. Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.